Why optimise your social status?
- Incur costs so that your income, and hence your taxes and social security contributions, are reduced
- Increase the quality of your social protection through tax deductible additional insurances
- Change your company form and benefit from a more advantageous tax regime
- Improve your financial structure and thus your position to acquire debt capital
Guaranteed Income insurance
Choose the best of both worlds through your premiums
- They reduce your income - and therefore your taxes and contributions
- They are deductible from your taxable income
- You are sure of a comfortable replacement income during the period of incapacity for work
PLCI: The Free Supplementary Pension for the Self-Employed
The most rewarding way to save for retirement.
- Your premiums are recognised as professional expenses and are tax deductible
- You build up a supplementary pension capital for a comfortable retirement
- Your PLCI also provides you with insurance against incapacity for work and invalidity
From secondary occupation to main occupation
Are you short of time to manage your self-employed activity in combination with your main task as a wage earner? Then become self-employed as a main occupation. What are the consequences?
- You lose your protection as a wage-earner, for example in case of illness
- Your social security contributions increase
- But: you also gain full benefit of your social status as a self-employed person
From a sole proprietorship to a company
When choosing to be self-employed, you also have to select a legal form. But why choose a company over a sole proprietorship?
- For tax reasons: companies benefit from a more advantageous tax regime. You also decide on the allocation of your profits. So you can decide whether to pay yourself a salary or dividend or to invest.
- For legal reasons: you make a clear distinction between your private assets and those of your company. Moreover, in the BV or NV form, your private assets are shielded from the company's debts.
- For financial reasons: because a company often has a clearer financial structure, banks lend money more easily for investments
Choose the business type that suits your situation
When choosing to be self-employed, you have to choose between a sole proprietorship and a company. But when would you consciously choose for a company?
Your Securex business coach helps you make the right choice. For example, when you:
- Create a partnership with others
- Want to involve multiple natural or legal persons in your company