Important steps in recruitment and selection
Your business is only as strong as its weakest link. And so you recruit driven personnel, who shine with experience, knowledge or the perfect approach.
As rare as hen’s teeth, you will only find them with thorough recruitment and selection.
Recruitment and selection: a structured process
Successful selection and recruitment? It is almost a science. A structured induction process, where every step counts:
- Concrete profile and job description
- Strategic searches: from (online) advertisements and your network, to interim and selection offices, with an eye out for trainees and earlier applicants
- Measurable and observable selection: based on CVs, tests and interviews
- Clear induction procedures and training trajectory
The interview: the basis of your working relationship
What your candidates can do is not all that’s important. Their personalities, interests and values are critical matters in recruitment and selection, because you are soon going to be building a work relationship.
Turn your candidates inside out and upside down during a well prepared interview. Don’t just take their CVs and test results into account. Pay attention to:
- the link between their character and your business image
- their social skills and general competencies: reliability, long-term plans, ability to cope with stress, independence, flexibility, and overall availability, etc.
- hidden potential: autonomy, feel for initiative, curiosity, etc.
Help with your recruitment and selection
This is how your structured search results in the strengthening of your team.